Loss of data, deletion of documents, formatting of hard disks... these are some of the damages that a virus can do to your devices. If you want to avoid this, read on to find out about the main antivirus products.
Cyber-attacks are becoming increasingly frequent in companies. In 2021, INCIBE, Spain's National Cybersecurity Institute, managed more than 100,000 cybersecurity incidents. Of these figures, 29.9% of the attacks corresponded to viruses. Here we tell you what a virus is and why it is important to have antivirus software to prevent them.
What is a virus?
A computer virus is a computer program that is executed without the authorisation of the owner of the system. Its purpose is to perform functions on the system that can be harmful to both the user and the system. These actions end up affecting the performance of the system and the user's data, which is why it is essential to have antivirus software. Find out what they are and what their main functions are.
Why are anti-viruses important?
Antivirus software are born with the purpose of protecting against viruses, spyware, malware, phishing attacks, spam attacks... among other cybersecurity attacks. In other words, an antivirus software is like a "security lock" that protects your SME from external attacks.
Antivirus functionalities include:
- Protect against viruses and their transmission: they detect any potential and actual viruses and work to eliminate them.
- Block spam and advertisements: Spam websites and pop-up advertisements are among the functionalities most used by viruses. Therefore, antivirus software prevents spam and advertisements from directly accessing the computer network.
- Ensure protection of removable devices: they scan removable devices (e.g. USB sticks) for potential viruses.
- Limit access to websites: restrict access to unauthorised websites.
With the rise of cyber-attacks, numerous antivirus software products have emerged. Check out some of the main ones on the market.
Find out about 5 antivirus to prevent cyber-attacks on your SME
Among software antiviruses, the following standt out:
- Panda: thanks to its VPN, surfing the Internet is anonymous and secure. It can protect up to 5 devices, providing protection against advanced threats. It is specialised in the online banking and shopping sector.
- McAfee: compatible with Android, iOS, Mac and PC, safeguards your devices from malware, phishing and malicious downloads. Plus, it comes with an annual licence designed for 5 devices.
- Avast: the app for iOS and Android includes malware protection and a VPN for safe internet browsing. It has a multi-device solution that allows you to protect up to 10 devices and computers for one year.
- Norton: includes a firewall, unlimited VPN protection and a password manager. It also features cloud storage, automatically updating information.
- Kapersky: features advanced ransomware protection, encryption and backup... and more. Plus, you can protect Windows file servers. From a single control panel, you can protect multiple devices.
Once you have found the antivirus that best suits your SME, it is time to implement it. To do so, you can request the Kit Digital voucher and enjoy the cybersecurity solution.
How can the Kit Digital help you implement an antivirus software?
As mentioned above, the Digital Kit Programme offers a grant of up to €6,000 for SMEs and the self-employed to provide basic and advanced security for your employees' devices.
Among the functionalities and services of this solution, the following stand out:
- Antimalware: you will have at your disposal a tool that scans your device.
- Antispyware: you will have a tool that detects and prevents spyware malware.
- Secure email: you will have email scanning tools with the following features with anti-spam and anti-phishing.
- Antispam, with spam detection and filtering.
- Anti phishing, with detection of emails with links or malware suspected of being used to steal credentials.
The amount of this aid is divided according to the number of devices your SME has:
- 0 < 3 employees: 125€/device (up to 2 devices)
- 3 < 9 employees: 125€/device (up to 9 devices)
- 10 < 50 employees: €125/device (up to 48 devices)
If you are thinking of implementing antivirus software in your SME, do not hesitate to consult the Kit Digital solutions and apply for the digital voucher.