Customer satisfaction is essential for your business to succeed. Therefore, it is important to ask their opinions about your business. In this post we tell you how to get to know your audience better thanks to the Google Forms tool.
In the management of any business, the use of surveys can help you collect relevant information for strategising. For example, you can measure employee engagement, or conduct customer satisfaction surveys to improve services and detect new market trends. For this, there are several tools to make online forms, but in this post we are going to show you step by step how to do it with Google Forms.
What is Google Forms?
As mentioned above, Google Forms is one of the free Google Workspace tools that helps us to create simple and quick forms.
Its utilities include:
- Conduct surveys.
- Create records for an event.
- Make reservations for an event or service.
- Take tests or quizzes.
The form can also be created and accessed from a mobile device or web browser without having to use any special software. The results are available instantly and can be organised into graphs for easy reference.
With this tool, you can conduct relevant surveys in your company to improve business performance - here's the step-by-step guide!
How to create a Google Forms form step by step?
First of all, the form template has to be created. To do this, we follow the steps below:
- On forms.google.com, click on "Blank" or choose a template, depending on your needs.
- Name the form: in the top left corner, click on "Untitled form" or on the name of the template and enter a new name.
- Optionally you can also perform the following actions:
- Add a description: add the text below the form.
- Add a header as well as change the theme: click on "Customise theme" and choose the options you want.
Secondly, you need to add the questions to the template. If you use a default template, you can go directly to the "Edit questions" section to edit the form. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Click on "Untitled question" and enter your question. Suggestions will be displayed based on the type of question you have chosen.
- To change the question type, click on the down arrow and choose an option.
- Add response options.
- To copy a question, click on "Duplicate" (the two-rectangle button).
- To specify whether users must answer the question, click on Required.
- To add a question, click on "Add question".
Any changes you make are automatically saved. You can view them by clicking on the "preview" button (shaped like an eye) at the top right.
On the right hand side, you will be able to edit the questions as you see fit, as well as add different elements. The following options are available:
- Drag questions and answers to reorder them.
- Eliminate questions.
- Click on "More" to:
- Add a description (+).
- Shuffle the answers: click on "Settings". Next to "Presentation", click on the down arrow and activate "Random order of questions".
- Add an image (on the right, on the image icon).
- Add a YouTube video (on the right hand side, on the playback icon of a rectangle with a triangle in the middle).
When you finish the form, you can preview it to check that everything is OK. Follow these steps:
- At the top right, click on "Preview".
- The preview will open a new window.
- To edit the form, click on "Edit" or go back to the edit window.
Once it has been revised, the form should be submitted. You can send it by email, paste its link in a chat room, embed it on a website or share it on social media. On the other hand, when you create a form, the ability to collect responses is automatically activated. This option can be paused or stopped.
Finally, the collected responses would be analysed. Once finished, you can see a summary of all the answers, as well as consult them one by one in the "Answers" tab. You can also view the questions in the form by clicking on the "Question" tab.
In short, Google Forms surveys give you the ability to find out what your customers and employees think of you and use this information to improve business performance.